IV Baltic Congress of Pediatric Neurology
Fourth Baltic Congress of Pediatric Neurology held 3-4 June 2013 in St. Petersburg.
International Congress was organized with the support of the International Child Neurology Association (ICNA) and is dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the first European Department of Pediatric Neurology - Department of St. Petersburg State Medical University.
The scientific program of the meeting discussed a wide range of issues, including:
- Paroxysmal disorders of consciousness in children
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, neurosis, asthenic conditions, vegetative-vascular dystonia, cognitive disorders
- Infections of the nervous system in children
- Neonatal neurology, rehabilitation and consequences of perinatal lesions of the central nervous system in children
- Hereditary, degenerative, demyelinating, and neuromuscular disorders in children and adolescents
- Vascular disease of the brain and spinal cord in children and adolescents
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- Hydrocephalus (diagnosis, conservative and surgical treatment)
- Traumatic brain injury (acute and remote periods)
- Scientific and practical aspects of medical and social assistance to children with diseases of the nervous system.
The results of the joint research between International Clinic of Rehabilitation and Research Center for Pediatric psychoneurology of Moscow Department of Health were presented in a joint report by prof. T.Batysheva and prof. V.Kozyavkin "The optimal model of comprehensive rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy from the standpoint of evidence-based medicine."